Timeless examples of Japanese artistry—the decorative designs featured herein reflect a historically deep appreciation of beauty in art and nature. Although little is known of their creators or the actual dates of their creation, such works have influenced tastes in everything from textiles to paper goods, furniture to fine art. Europe and North America have long been enamored with Japanese design and aesthetics, particularly since Japan opened its political and economic borders in 1868, providing the impetus for an unprecedented exchange of arts and culture with the West. The four textile designs selected for this notecard set reside in the collections of the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, which include more than 13,000 textiles and costumes from traditions around the world.
• 16 assorted blank notecards (4 each of 4 designs) with envelopes
• Paper-wrapped decorative box with hinged closure
• Printed in full color on recycled paper with soy based inks
• High-quality 250 gsm card stock
• Soft white envelopes
• A2 card size
• Pomegranate’s notecard sets feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
Box size: 5 x 6.25 x 1.25 in.
Card size: 4.25 x 5.5 in.