Claude Monet ranks among the greatest painters in the history of Western art. He was the most influential of the Impressionists, a group of painters who strove to capture the endless variations of light and atmosphere that occur over the course of a day in a given location. His career spanned a revolution that was predicated on an intensification of realism and eventually led the way to abstraction. This book of postcards includes 30 of Monet’s best-loved works, including coastscapes, landscapes, city scenes, still lifes—including his unparalleled paintings of flower-filled meadows and the exquisite gardens and water lily pond at Giverny.
30 color reproductions bound in a handy postcard collection
• Mail the postcards, or keep the book for your own collection
• Decorate your office or dorm room with a wall of images
• Informative introductory text
• Backs of postcards offer enough room for short messages
• Perforated for easy removal
• Oversized postcards may require additional postage
• Pomegranate’s books of postcards feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Book: 6.875 x 4.75 x .375 in.
Postcard: 6.5 x 4.75 in.